– Full-length winter parka coat made by Stighlorgan’s brand new London factory
– Oversize voluminous body modelled on original military arctic parkas. Shoulder and arm length sized to fit
– Features a custom made waterproof Core D7 outershell
– Lined with Organic cotton poplin
– Waterproof fabric is complimented by taped vital seams
– Hood and body adjustment details all made from military-grade 7 strand paracord and black enamelled zinc alloy cord locks
Atticus is our core autumn winter jacket. Based on a large voluminous military parka silhouette, Atticus is designed to be your ultimate shield against the elements. In contrast with comfortable voluminous Atticus silhouette, we found opportunities to finished cuffs, hood and hem with a closer fitting finish. The hood has 2 paracord adjustment arcs, secured with 4 enamelled zinc alloy cord locks. These allow the hood to be cinched in, not just along the brim edge, but also back across the head allowing for better visibility on the sides of the hood. We have used button cuffs so that the cuffs can be cinched down to a closer wrist fit, contrasting with the large voluminous arms and preventing sleeve drag/ bulk. Finally the waist and swallowtail hem have paracord adjusters, both allowing the fit to be tailored to requirement. The chunky Derlin zip has 2 zip runners so that the jacket can unzip upwards, ideal for use on a bike. There is a storm flap secured with buttons and a Velcro secured throat wrap. Atticus is finished with deep flap protected pockets and an internal small items pocket.
Materials are what we do best and are what make the jackets in our collection truly unique. We have used all the same heavy-duty fabrics that been developed specifically for our bags and luggage. Nobody else has tried making jackets from fabric as thick and heavy duty and the end result is a jacket that feels uniquely crisp and solid. This is the year-round version of Atticus suited to both winter storms and spring showers so it has a light organic cotton lining. This means Atticus can still be taken out in rainy spring-summer weather. Please see our Merino wool lined type Atticus for our fully insulated winter option.