The visionary reggae musician Augustus Pablo was part of a small group of creative souls whose approach to recorded sound, most recognisably with his mastery of the Melodica, indelibly changed the shape of Jamaican popular music. In 1978 Augustus Pablo and his brother Garth Swaby opened Rockers international record shop at 135 Orange St, Kingston, Jamaica. To this day the shop and the Rockers label remains a cultural landmark and is now run by Augustus’ children Addis Pablo and Isis Swaby. The Rockers brand reaches across the world and its latest incarnation is the Rockers LDN soundsystem headed up by Addis Pablo’s cousin Bigs McGeachy. Bigs is a long time friend of the Stighlorgan team and this led to this collaboration where we came together to create a line of tees and bags.
– A unique collaboration between Stighlorgan and Rockers LDN.
– Stighlorgan t-shirts are 100% organic combed cotton and are made in London.
– Prints designed with Rockers LDN by the team in Dalston and hand printed in North London.
– Prints are in long lasting waterbased inks for a non Plastisol feel and the cotton is pre-shrunk to minimise any shrinkage with washing.
– 220g combed cotton. A smooth finish with a slightly heavier cotton weight that gives the tee a luxurious feel.